Thursday, March 8, 2012

LEMONY GREEN SMOOTHIE

  Here is another superb green smoothie to kickstart a happy day! Very refreshing, yet filling.

Perky lemon and lively greens offer perfect energy for Oestara!

I used rowan leaves for this smoothie (I was lucky to find a big bag of them in the bottom of my freezer yesterday!).

The recipe :
(from The Green Smoothie Bible by Kristine Miles)

Lemon Tart:

2 frozen bananas
1/2 an avocado
zest of 2 lemons
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 cups almond milk
2 tablespoons raw honey
pale, mild greens

+  Blend and top with grated lemon zest.
(Again, I used whole almonds and water instead of fine almond milk, but still this turned out heavenly!)

  This smoothie is satisfying and filling, just the way I like my meals to be. I eat three times a day, and don´t snack, so I need to get enough calories to carry me through to the next meal with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment