Wednesday, June 6, 2012

BELTANE THURSDAY´S MENU

  Here´s what I´ve been eating throughout Beltane on Thursdays.

Breakfast: 1/2 liter of green tea, plain
                   Fruit salad with a big handful of nuts/seeds (I use whatever fruits and nuts I happen to have)

Lunch: 1/2 liter of water
            Fresh salad
            Pasta with soy minced "meat" (Textured soy protein is a long time favorite of mine. It is cheap, easy to store and cook, and filling.)
           

For the salad I use whatever I happen to have around. This time I had lettuce and tomatoes. No dressing needed, the main course acts as such.

 I topped the salad with gluten free spaghetti. And the spaghetti I topped with "minced meat": soak some soy granules in water for a few minutes. Meanwhile, chop up one onion and a clove of garlic. Saute them in olive oil, add the soy protein, and season with black pepper, soy sauce, and paprika powder. Can´t go wrong!


Dinner: 1/2 liter of herbal tea with soy milk
              Oatmeal topped with peanut butter and jelly (1dl of oatmeal+2 1/2dl water for the porridge)

Evening snack: 2dl Bulgarian yogurt (Usually I don´t much care for milk products, but for some reason I´ve started to crave yogurt nowadays. Maybe I need more calcium now that I´m breastfeeding, and this is my body´s way of telling me it... )

  I like to plan menus ahead for the entire sabbat time. It saves both time and money. The menus are for one week, and I simply repeat it for the duration of each sabbat, six or so weeks.
  The weight I gained during pregnancy is still dropping slowly, so I must be doing something right. Menu plan also keeps me clear(er) from impulsive eating of junk food. Nice.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment