Tuesday, November 6, 2012

EATING PLAN FOR SAMHAIN

  It is refreshing to change an eating plan from sabbat to sabbat. Plus it gives each sabbat more character and definition.

  During Mabon my weight still dropped slightly, and now I´m a little under my pre-baby weight. I have no desire to lose any more, but this eating plan is still healthy and I follow a mostly vegan diet. For cooking I use whatever ingredients I happen to have, and don´t go by any specific recipes. After starting to buy veggies from my neighbor, who is an organic farmer, I have just thrown in stuff he offers me, no matter what the recipes suggest. Or gone by my own instinct. My world of tastes has widened by doing so, even though I am eating more locally.

  Here is what I am eating now:

Breakfast:
1/2 liter green tea with vanilla soymilk
weekdays: oat porridge (1dl oats + 2,5dl water-soymilk mixture) with home made jam (apple, blueberry, rhubarb...)
weekend: cereal with soymilk and a banana sliced on top

Lunch:
1/2 liter water (with lemon juice occasionally)
Mon: pasta
Tue: scones
Wed: soup (or rather a stew, because I like thick soups)
Thu: tortillas (store-bought bread with home made fillings)
Fri: foccaccia (like pizza, but less fatty)
Sat: pancakes
Sun: mashed potatoes and tofu/occasional fish

Dinner:
1/2 liter green tea with vanilla soymilk
leftovers from lunch or home made bread (sweet or savoury toppings, whichever appeals)

Supper:
1/2 liter herbal infusion with vanilla soymilk
chocolate coated Digestives or home made chocolate goodies (if I have the time to make any)

Chocolate covered treats I ate for supper the other day. (Well truth be told, I ate ten, not three...)

  The recipe:

100 grams extra virgin coconut butter (the other stuff tastes like barf...)
2 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla sugar
2 dl powdered sugar (or honey for a healthier option)
pinch of salt
5-7 dl cereal (rice cereal, Cheerios, even crushed corn flakes, anything really)
1 dl organic raisins

+  Melt the butter ove very low heat (to prevent it from tasting bad), then add the rest of the ingredients except the cereal and raisins. Stir well. Let cool in room temperature for about 10 min, then stir in the cereal and raisins. Scoop in muffin cups, cool in the fridge for 30-60 min, and eat.
  In the next batch of these treats I will add 100 grams of chopped dark vegan chocolate to make them even more rich and decadent... Other variations can be added lemon zest, peppermint oil, chili, shredded coconut...


No comments:

Post a Comment