Friday, February 22, 2013

BERRY-FLAX- BREAKFAST

  It is challenging to eat locally up here in the North at this time of year. But one thing saves my breakfasts: berries in my freezer! (I actually have my Mom to thank for most of them. I did not have the chance to wander in the wild, picking for berries, last summer. She did, and now she generously has filled our freezer, twice, this winter. Thank you!  =)
 Combined with locally grown flax seeds, this breakfast is easy on my wallet, and the environment:

Mmmmh... Swirls of strawberry and vanilla, yum!

The recipe:

2 dl berries, frozen or fresh (any kind)
1-2 Tbsp ground flax seeds (soaked over night in little water)
1-2 dl vanilla yogurt (I use soy)
(cacao nibs for garnishing, optional)

+ Puré the berries. Combine all. Adjust the amount of yogurt to the sourness of the berries you use. Garnish with cacao nibs. Enjoy!

  I have this and some green tea for breakfast, and am satisfied and full for the next 4 hours. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment