Tuesday, April 9, 2013

(NEARLY) HEALTHY GINGER-OAT-COOKIES FOR TEA

  Nearly, because these contain sugar. Everything else is super-healthy with no added fat. These cookies feature my recent love for the classic combination of ginger and lemon. I can´t seem to get enough of it!

I love sweet food. I went to a restaurant the other day to have only a dessert with hot chocolate. Why waste time and money on a main course if, what I really want comes after it?  =)
  The recipe:

1 tsp psyllium
2 Tbsp water
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
1 lemon, zest of
1 banana, mashed
1 Tbsp lemon juice
a little water as needed

+ Mix water and psyllium. Let sit while you mix the dry ingredients in another bowl. To the psyllium, add the banana, lemon juice & zest, and ginger. Mix well with a spoon, and add the dry ingredients. If the dough is too dry, add a little bit of water to it. You should be able to flatten it without breaking. You´ll notice what is enough.
  Form into cookies either by scooping a spoonful onto a baking sheet and flattening it, or by rolling the dough with a rolling pin and cutting with cookie cutters into the desired shape.
  Bake in oven at 375F/190C for about 10min.

  Enjoy nearly guilt-free with your afternoon tea/coffee! I sure did, and both of my kids loved them too.

  This recipe is my own, gluten-free, version of the original Banana-Maple Oatmeal Cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very interesting!

    Naturally I would like to know more details, so please email me more privately at nellandpost@gmail.com for some further info.

    (I should stress that I indeed am a non-professional writer, and I do this out of passion for life and beauty. But I´m happy hear more from you!)

    Happy days!

    ReplyDelete