Monday, June 17, 2013

BOY´S RAGLAN SLEEVE T-SHIRT

  Raglan sleeve is a nice alternative to the ordinary one. Here is a basic t-shirt I made for my boy to wear this summer:

The material is supersoft cotton blend with lots of elastic in it. Initially it was meant for my girl, but since I have made so much stuff for her lately, I decided to pamper my boy with this treat. He likes classic looks, and prefers subtle, down to earth colors. This shirt definitely meets his standards. It will look nice in the fall too, when the weather cools down, with a long-sleeved shirt under it.

I used the reverse side of the fabric to make the letters. I simply sketched the letters with pencil on a piece of the fabric, and sew around the lines. Easy and gives an organic, handcrafted look.

I broke my double needle just as I was starting to stitch the neckline! Darn. So I had to come up with something else. There is no way I would let a piece of work to sit and wait until I go to the fabric store the next time to get a new needle! I want to finish it at once, and a minor obstuction, like a broken needle, will not stop me.


  Happy summer, dear son!

No comments:

Post a Comment