Wednesday, September 11, 2013

CAULIFLOWER SALAD

  I´m on my six-week journey to raw foods, to see how my body likes it. Here´s my latest dinner:

This picture reveals just how much I eat... I always use this big bowl when making salad. Eating small amounts just makes me angry!
Along with the salad I ate a home-made whole wheat bun. Obviously that is not raw, but I promised myself before beginning this experiment, that I could eat one portion of cooked grain per day to prevent possible unpleasant cleansing side-effects (like headache or nausea).
  The recipe:

1/2 a small cauliflower
1 tomato
5cm piece of cucumber
fresh mint
fresh parsley
fresh chives
5 black olives
a handful of lettuce
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
a pinch of salt

+ Mince the cauliflower into small crumble-like texture in a food processor. Chop and slice the other veggies and herbs. Combine and toss all ingredients in a bowl.

It was delicious! And I was surprised how well it kept me satisfied (nearly four hours).
  Mabon is a great time to try raw foods. Now the markets are full of fresh produce, and the selection of locally farmed veggies and fruit is at it´s best.

No comments:

Post a Comment