Tuesday, September 17, 2013

PEPPERMINT PIE

  It is now 10.15pm and I´m still stuffed from the raw peppermint pie I had for dessert five hours ago! This pie is soooo filling and satisfying, not to mention yummy. My new favorite!

100% healthy!

The recipe (5 portions):

crust:
5 dl almonds
1 dl shredded coconut
10 dates
pinch of salt

filling:
6 bananas
1 dl shredded coconut
1/2 tsp ground vanilla
5 drops essential peppermint oil

+ Process the almonds in a food processor until turned into a fine powder. Add the coconut, dates, and salt and process until well mixed. (I added a little water to make it more dough-like.) Press into a pie tin.
  Process the ingredients of the filling until creamy. Spread over the crust.
  (The original recipe from Erica Palmcrantz Aziz´s book called for frozen bananas, which would make it ice-cream like. But I prefer room temperature and made it with ordinary bananas.)

  I ate a quarter of the pie, and it was more than enough, even for me.  =)
  Apparently my sweet tooth can be quenched with something other than pure sugar. What a lovely surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment