Friday, January 31, 2014

AROMATHERAPY EARRINGS

  Naturally I´m all about fabulous style and out-of-this-world ideas =) but I think this is one of the best things I´ve come up with so far:

Classic and pretty, but scentable, earrings! Now I can wear essential oils as perfume throughout the day, which equals to pampering myself with aromatherapy all day long. How cool is that?! I´m totally excited (can you tell ?  =).

I made the earrings myself, of course. They do take quite a bit of patience and time, but are so worth the while. All the material is from an ordinary craft store: the hooks, loops, bows, and glass pearls. The satin bows are the key to success, because they absorb the oil,  and let it evaporate and sway around me as I move.
Right now my favorite scent is orange. It is good for lifting up spirits, relaxing,and aids with digestion. But mainly I like the scent, everything else is a bonus. Orange is one of the few essential oils that is colored (slightly orange), not clear, so I expect it to stain my white bows in time. But no worries, they can be washed carefully by hand in soap water.
  Over the past years I have not worn any perfumes whatsoever. I guess I only saw them as added poison to the already toxin-laden environment.
  Only recently I begun to miss a nice, non-human, scent around me. But I did not want to spray chemicals (read "ordinary perfume/edt") straight on to my skin, because through it some would end up in my bloodstream. Then I realized that essential oils smell magnificent. But they are so strong that they should not be applied to the bare skin without a carrier oil to dilute it with. No good, it would stain my clothes.
  It took many hard moments of pondering to come up with these earrings. Now I have tested and worn them for a couple of months, and I can say that THEY WORK! And make me happy!

  Some ideas for aromatherapy with essential oils:
Eucalyptus: refreshes and purifies, relieves the respiratory system...
Grapefruit: prevents and reduces depression, eases tension, reduces fatigue...
Lavender: calms down, helps to fall asleep, relieves all sorts of aches, treats rashes...
Pine: desinfects, gives manly power, strengthens, relieves caughing...
Peppermint: aids with digestion, reduces nausea and headaches, boosts you up at work...
Citronella: antiseptic, uplifts spirits, relaxes, eases with headache and migren, repells insects...
Ylang Ylang: seductive, helps with impotence and menopause symptoms...

  In addition to the above, many oil mixes are available for different uses. Overall, there is something for everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment