Wednesday, January 1, 2014

FIRST GREEN SMOOTHIE OF THE YEAR

  Now that I have an exceptionally good blender, it would be a crime not to make (green) smoothies regularly. Hence I started this exceptionally good year (I´m sure it will be!) by making one:

"A green smoothie a day keeps the doctor away!" or how was it?
  My search and exploring has taught me that you can put anything in a green smoothie. Any fruit, veg and greens. So I´m taking a relaxed approach to whipping up these babies, by simply exploring my fridge (and garden) to see what mine will consist of. 
  This one is made of three blood grapefruits (peeled but otherwise whole), three handfuls of spinach, about 4 inch (10 cm) piece of cucumber, and some water. It made about a quart (a liter) of smoothie, which I shared with my family too. My one-year-old daughter especially likes these fresh smoothies. Go girl!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment