Thursday, February 6, 2014

RAW "CHEESE" SOUP

  It´s been six weeks now, that I have eaten raw blended soups and smoothies daily. Me, and my stomach, like!

  This soup is my latest concoction. I had it for lunch today, and loved it.
  I am a health freak, I admit, but only when it comes to "real" food (breakfast, lunch and dinner). I balance it all out by munching chocolate nearly every evening for dessert... =) 

Here is what the "soup" looks like before blending. Imagine eating it straight up like this? Think not!

What Vitamix does to it is like magic. I only added water and a sprinkle of Herbamare on top. Now this plateful I can spoon up in no time.

The result is sooooo soft and creamy.
The recipe (yields 1):

1 medium zucchini (preferably yellow, but if using green, peel it just for color)
1/3 of  a small lemon
1.8 oz (50 g) pine nuts
hot water
pinch of  Herbamare or seasalt

+ Mix all in a blender until creamy. Adjust the amount of water to your liking. Super simple.

  Of all cheeses, this soup reminds me of cream cheese the most. Another version would be cheddar. I think I´ll try that next week, by adding a pinch of turmeric for color, and a little brewer´s yeast for taste.
  When eating blended soups daily, I find it important to vary the recipes enough to keep it interesting. Although I read somewhere that an average person eats only six different types of meals in rotation. That´s not much, but says something about us being slaves to our habits. Hopefully blending will become a habit to me. There is just something powerful, primitive, sexy even, that draws me to raw foods. I can´t explain it. It´s magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment