Monday, April 14, 2014

BAG-IN-A-BAG

  I have always searched for the perfect bag. Tried backpacks, totes, big handbags, small handbags, but never yet been fully satisfied.

  In my frustration I came up with an idea worth giving a try for: a bag-in-a-bag.

When I step out of the house, I´ll be carrying one bag.

And when I get to my car, I take the small bag out and place the big one in the trunk. The small one comes in the car with me.

In the small bag I have everything I always need; cell phone, keys, wallet, some makeup, one cloth shopping bag, and some tissues. In the big bag I have stuff I don´t always need, but which is priceless to have with me; two more cloth shopping bags, allergy medicine, an extra diaper for my girl just in case, a flashlight, pen & paper, etc. 

The big bag is only 1/4 full when leaving the house, so it fits quite a lot of things still inside it when on the go. I have found myself throwing in it mail, smaller purchased stuff I do not want wrapped in plastic (I avoid plastic bags vigorously), water and other snacks, my gloves and hat once the car has warmed up (I also avoid inside heaters, I feel it´s a waste of electricity), and everything unimaginable. Very handy.

Keeping things simple. I used ordinary snap fasteners to close the bags with. They are quicker to open and close than a zipper. Speed is what I appreciate when digging in to answer the phone or grabbing my wallet.

  Dark grey and bright yellow are the key colors of my Ostara palette, that´s why I chose to use the combo here. These bags will now go with all of my Ostara outfits.
  The outer material is faux leather, originally meant for furniture. It is sturdy and stiff but easy to sew. The lining is 100% cotton. 

  This duo has made me feel quite efficient on the go. I´m very satisfied with how this bag-in-a-bag has worked in the real world. So glad I gave it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment