Wednesday, May 7, 2014

BANANA-CARDAMOM CAKE

  Sometimes I feel like I "need" something sweet for a meal. Not just for dessert, but as a whole meal. Usually I don´t even do desserts, I like to eat simple meals consisting of only a few things anyway. So banana-cardamom cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner it is!

A quarter of the cake has proven to be a good portion for me, as one meal. And I like to pair it with green tea, with or without soymilk.

A bite full of flavors: cardamom, banana, and ginger. The taste is so deep that it satisfies my tastebuds thoroughly.
The recipe:

2 cups (4,5 dl) wholegrain spelt flour (I grind mine in my own little mill)
1 tsp cardamom
2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup (1 dl) chopped nuts (I used pecan)
1/2 cup (1 dl) raw cane sugar
2 fl. oz. (1/2 dl) olive oil
3 over ripe bananas
1 cup (2,5 dl) soymilk

+ Combine the dry ingredients. Add in the rest, and stir well. Spread the batter into a buttered cake pan and bake at 350 F (175 C) for nearly an hour.

  Eating overall is about balance, whether one chooses to follow a healthy, or an unhealthy diet. This cake is vegan and made with whole grain flour, and contains only vegetable fats, so it´s not all bad for me. Well, not as healthy as a bowl of quinoa and lentils, but it helps me eat less of milk chocolate, which is my ultimate craving...

No comments:

Post a Comment