Friday, March 7, 2014

FREEDOM FASHION: LIVING THE DREAM- SHIRT

  The mind is a powerful force. It can make us either happy or unhappy in our lives, depending on how we look at things. I try to stay on the positive side, and to boost that I made myself this inspiring shirt:

A basic off-white shirt combined with jeans is a timeless classic everybody looks good and fresh in. Regardless of age. But have you ever seen a seventy-something wearing this? I have not. It´s a shame really. I think women can be gorgeous at any age, and there are no such things an elderly woman could not wear. As long as my posture stays good and healthy, I ride towards old age with pride and confidence, looking forward to what life has to offer.
Back to the issue... It says "Living the dream" on the bust, to remind me that I am the most important person in my life. I need to take care of myself first, and then I can be my best to others as well. The world is out there for me to grab bits and pieces from, to build the best life I can for me and my family. That´s the attitude I feed and keep in mind, and try to pass on to my kids. Anything is possible, and I need to be grateful for the little things in life.
The back is plain. As can be seen, I like slightly loose clothes. Especially pants. And I admit: I hate skinny jeans. I don´t know who they look good on.
I hand-printed the text on with fabric paint and stamp letters. Then I added delicate pearl white drops of another fabric paint to give it slight contrast and to make it three-dimensional. Very subtle.

  Living the dream... What better attitude to have towards my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment